Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dream Dancer

Rarely do I sleep long enough to go into the REM dream state, but when I do I have very vivid meaningful dreams. I had one last night. I dreamt I was a dream dancer sent into the dream world to help a horse overcome fear. Or so I thought I was a dream dancer. It turns out I was the one who needed help overcoming fears, and not one but two horses were sent into dream land to help me. When the first horse arrived it frightened me because I thought he was a dead horse with his skeleton showing. The image to the left is of a Shadow Horse, and I'm fairly certain this was the intent of the first horse who 'danced' with me.

"Shadow Horse - Brings complete transformation, the balancing of unequal energies, endings and beginnings. Unifying darkness and light, Shadow Horse reveals that which has been hidden in the darkness and brings courage to declare what has been unspoken. Shadow Horse has the power to create something from nothing, to reveal the underlying structure of events, to generate radical new possibilities from a space of complete emptiness."

The second horse to arrive looked very similar the brownish red one shown here called Blood Horse. These two horses and I danced together in swirling circles to the sound of mysterious magical music that I've never heard before my dream. The dance was very beautiful and I felt free. The dream reminded me of my long lost love of horses. I've been thinking about them a lot lately. Remembering when I was a teenager living on a ranch. I lead trail rides and helped take care of the horses. Long lazy summer days spent laying on a hillside daydreaming while watching the horses graze.

I awoke from the dream feeling refreshed and inspired with a greater understanding of what I need to do for myself in order to obtain my goals and actualize my own personal dreams. I'm posting this here in my blog as a reminder to myself for the days when I fall off track and forget like I sometimes do.

"Blood Horse - Carries the intention of uniting energy, exchanges of power. Blood Horse carries messages of grounding, the bonding of shared intention, and the merging of forces. Blood Horse represents the power of mutual support and creates a space where bonds between body and spirit are possible. Blood Horse can carry the energy required to be in action, the life force required to complete the task at hand."

1 comment:

Kate Tracton said...

Ohhh, I love this. Too often, I don't pay attention to my dreams, or I get creeped out and TRY to forget them! :-)

That you could draw inspiration from yours, and have pieces representing that inspiration is lovely.

Thanks for that...

Kate (shibori girl from OWOH)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...