Monday, November 15, 2010

Metalsmithing 101 - Class Four & Five

Biggs Ring front view

Ta Da! My first project is complete! The stone is Biggs Jasper, and considering it's the very first piece of silversmithed jewelry I've ever made I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Biggs Ring side view

In class 5 I made a chunky spinner ring with 3 textured spinners on a wide 18g hammer textured band. I'll wait until after I tumble it before posting photos. I'm amazed at how shiny sterling silver gets after tumbling. As pretty as shiny silver is, I plan on doing some oxidized pieces as well. On Tuesday (class 6) I begin my Mom's Charoite & Amethyst pendant. Hopefully that will progress quickly enough for me to be able to complete my more complicated ammolite pendant before the 8th and final class.

Aside from having my nose buried in my sketch book dreaming about all the silversmithed designs I'll be making in the future I've been busy making my usual style pieces for the remaining 6 Christmas Craft shows I'm doing this year. I'm tickled pink about my new necklace puppets. The color and texture of the fabric works perfectly with the black satin ribbons and the black semi-gloss bases. My table display color theme is black and brown with wood and black wrought iron. I'm aiming at having a bit of a rustic yet elegant presentation. I think it's working because I get a lot of compliments on not only my table setup, but also on my website. Here's a photo of the most recent show I did. Sorry for all the background distractions. Everyone was supposed to have skirted tables, but many vendors didn't honor that request.

craftshow0103

These little bracelet project kits are going over well =)

craftshow0105

Here's my little Christmas tree with snowball drop earrings as decorations. You can also see my gift wrap samples.

craftshow0102

I have a few wood picture frames I'm using to display earrings

craftshow0104

That's it for now. I'm sorry about the irregular entries. I tend to get wrapped up in what I'm doing offline and I don't realize how much time has passed in between blog posts.

Many Blessings to you and yours . . . Ronnie


Ronnie is the jewelry designer at RadianTrace Jewelry. She's also the graphic artist at Mable's Makings, and the author of Ronnie Unplugged.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...