Monday, April 2, 2007

Falling Behind Schedule

I've fallen a bit behind schedule, and it's been a struggle for me to catch up. I may need to postpone taking on any more custom work until I can get myself more organized. I don't even have the full customs list published on my Jewelry site. I shipped out the last 3 custom pieces without taking pictures of them first. Yikes! I had so many other things on my mind when I finished the pieces, and apparently taking pictures wasn't one of them.

Two of the hurdles are that I make prepaid mousedrawn signature tags, and prepaid Posse Jewelry. I got caught up on the pre-paid jewelry orders and then I started working my way through the waiting list for pre-paid signature tags. Then my youngest son became extremely ill and was admitted to the hospital. Although he's out of the hospital now and living back home with me he suffered some irreversible brain damage which has devastated both of us. It's been a non-stop learning, and grieving process for both of us for 6 weeks now.

I've been learning about his limitations by living with him on a daily basis. There's more damage than I first realized. He's very child-like and requires a great deal of guidance and one on one attention. I don't have anywhere near the same amount of time each day to spend on making graphics and jewelry that I used to have before he became sick....and before he moved back home. I haven't really even had time to digest all of what's happened. I'm running on auto-pilot right now. I know there's light at the end of the tunnel, but in the mean time I hope my clients understand I'm doing the best I can to meet their requests.

I thank you all for your encouragement and support while I work my way through this process.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ronnie, I'm sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you right now. I hope your clients will understand and allow you the time and space you need to deal with the life-altering issues first.

Blessings and healing thoughts for you and your son.

GSGS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...